Tom Platz retired from professional bodybuilding competition in 1987 and did a 'Comeback' in 1995 when he was awarded Honorary Mr. America. He still promotes the sport wholeheartedly. Tom says, "I just want to give back to the sport I love which has been really great to me." He is truly a legend in the fitness and bodybuilding industry.
Every bodybuilder strives for their lower tree trunks to even remotely look like Tom Platz. His combination of size and striating detail is still unmatched to this day. Some say it was his genetic predisposition to get big muscular thighs, but it was his workout intensity that is still unmatched to this day.
While weighing less that 230 pounds, he squatted eight reps with 635 pounds and 52 reps with 350 pounds. On numerous occasions, he squatted for 10 minutes straight for more than 100 reps with 225 pounds. This may sound like complete bullshit to you, but watch the video of him squatting 500 pounds for 23 reps going ass to grass low.
- Squats 8-12 sets 5-20 reps
- Hack Squats 5 sets 10-15 reps
- Leg Extension 5-8 sets 10-15 reps
- Lying Leg Curls 6-10 sets 10-15 reps
- Standing Calf Raises 3-4 sets 10-15 reps
- Seated Calf Raises 3-4 sets 10-15 reps
- Hack Machine Calf Raises 3-4 sets 10-15 reps